Friday 27 November 2015

Shri William Blake

HH Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi on the auspicious occasion of Shri William Blake's Birthday 
"It is such a pleasure today and great fortune that here where William Blake lived and he sang those songs of greatness, of the greatness of this country, the future that it has to be.  The dreams he saw have now come to shape, that we are here to celebrate his anniversary.  Things go beyond words and you can not express yourself.  Many people do not understand him, because he wrote it according to them in abstract language, or in language that he understood. But I am happy that Sahaja Yogis understand him so well, and the prophesies that he made about England. People use to ridicule him. Ridicule it.  Even today they can't believe that Jerusalem can be built in England." (HH Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi - Hampstead, London England - Nov 28th 1981)

"I knew who he was, what he is doing, why he was here. We do not know about him much, because from the books you can't understand who he could have been. He was an incarnation of Bhairavanath, that is whom you call Saint Michael, or Saint George who is as you know the Saint Angel of England. That is why he had to incarnate and for him this was his role to talk about Divine in an open fearless manner.  He had to use symbolic language. He had to use. It is not difficult to understand him at all if you're a realized soul. You'll read through it sometimes laughing, sometimes weeping, enjoying the whole drama what he is trying to express. When I read him I am amazed at his sense of humor, how he openly comes out with such remarks. I feel he is like Markandaya in India, or Kabirdas in India who slashed the whole society, with their sword all the time to see that they are brought to the proper shape. Without fear, but so gentle."  (HH Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Hammersmith, West London - Nov 28th 1985)

JERUSALEM

AND did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the Holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!

Bring me my chariot of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.


The poem was inspired by the legend that young Jesus, accompanied by His uncle Joseph of Arimathea, who was a maritime trader, traveled to the area that is now England and visited Glastonbury.An English sahaja yogini refererred that Shri Mataji told the meaning: ‘Those feet” are referred to the Holy Feet of Jesus Christ, and also the expression ‘Holy Lamb of God’ is referred to Jesus, because Shri Mataji had said that Jesus went to England and walked through the whole country.

Paintings of William Blake

Newton


The Great Red Dragon

Whirlwind of Lovers




No comments:

Post a Comment